How to create Ecobank free Visa Virtual Card in 2022. Ecobank is one of the best banks in Africa. Here we will be discussing how you can create your virtual credit card. For this guide, you will be using the Ecobank Mobile App.
Virtual credit cards can prove very useful when it comes to shopping on international platforms where your real virtual cards aren’t accepted or when you do not have your real card at your disposal.
One of the few reasons why many choose to use a virtual credit card is for security reasons. By using a virtual credit card, you keep your personal details safe and secured.
Ecobank Transnational Inc., is a pan-African banking conglomerate, with banking operations in 36 African countries. It is the leading independent regional banking group in West Africa and Central Africa, serving wholesale and retail customers. The bank is headquartered in Lomé, Togo. Ecobank is available in the following countries:
Recommended App for Students
Download iOS IPSW firmware files:
Recommended Anime to watch this 2022
- Ecoboank Angola – (Representative office in Luanda)
- Ecobank Benin
- Ecobank Burkina Faso
- Ecobank Burundi
- Ecobank Cameroon
- Ecobank Cape Verde
- Ecobank Central African Republic
- Ecobank Chad
- Ecobank Congo Brazzaville
- Ecobank Côte d’Ivoire
- Ecobank Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Ecobank Ethiopia – (Representative office in Addis Ababa)
- Ecobank Equatorial Guinea
- Ecobank Gabon
- Ecobank Gambia
- Ecobank Ghana
- Ecobank Guinea
- Ecobank Guinea-Bissau
- Ecobank Kenya
- Ecobank Liberia
- Ecobank Malawi
- Ecobank Mali
- Ecobank Mozambique
- Ecobank Niger
- Ecobank Nigeria (includes Oceanic Bank)
- Ecobank Rwanda
- Ecobank São Tomé and Príncipe
- Ecobank Senegal
- Ecobank Sierra Leone
- Ecobank South Africa (Representative office in Johannesburg)
- Ecobank South Sudan
- Ecobank Tanzania
- Ecobank Togo
- Ecobank Uganda
- Ecobank Zambia
- Ecobank Zimbabwe
- Paris, France – Affiliate office
- London, United Kingdom – France affiliate representative office
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Representative office
- Beijing, China – Representative office
What is a Visa Virtual Card?
A Visa Virtual Card is a payment card you can easily create yourself on your phone using the Ecobank mobile app. Create one on the go and load it with cash. It’s a secure way to use funds electronically and means you don’t have to carry actual cards with you. Then, you can use the pre-loaded funds safely for shopping or as a gift for someone else.
Advantages of using a Virtual Credit Card(VCC)
- Firstly, there is the protection of your personal information.
- Secondly, there are no extra charges to when you use them(free)
- Thirdly, VCC is accepted by most internet users globally
- Customers are allowed a minimum and maximum credit limit per transaction each day.
Some Cons of VCC
- Firstly, virtual credit cards are valid for only a specific time period, specified by the card issuer.
- Secondly, not accepted by all merchants since it isn’t the real CC.
- Thirdly, at times transaction may delay resulting in the item purchased being sent without the transaction getting completed.
- And lastly, if there is a transaction where the customer has to show the original credit card in which the payment was done, virtual cards are unusable.
Who can have the Ecobank free Visa Virtual Card?
Anyone. As long as you have the Ecobank mobile app on your phone, you can easily create a Visa Virtual Card. You don’t even have to have an Ecobank account as the Visa Virtual Card is not linked directly to your bank account, which makes it extra secure.
Advantages of the Ecobank Visa Virtual Card
- It’s highly secure because it’s not linked directly to your bank account. That’s peace of mind for you.
- If you forget your actual cards, you can always shop or send a gift at any time.
- You are in total control of the Ecobank mobile app. You select which account to take the funds from when creating the card. You also have the choice to block, unblock and delete transactions, and even reverse them. You’ll have the opportunity to review your transaction before completing it in the same way you would if using an actual card.
- All your transactions are notified by SMS alert and/or email, so you can keep a record.
- As soon as the card is created, it’s ready to use.
- You have a choice of what you want to use the virtual card for – shopping or send it as a gift to someone.
- Shopping cards are valid for one year from creating them, and gift cards are valid for three months.
- You can refill a shopping card via your Ecobank mobile app any time. Gift cards are exempt from this facility.
- The daily limit is XAF 1,000,000.
- To create a card will cost you as little as XAF 3,000, excluding tax.
- Pre-loading your virtual card will help you to budget and manage your spending.
How to create Ecobank free Visa Virtual Card in 2022 in Cameroon
To create an Ecobank Visa Virtual Card, proceed thus;
- Download the Ecobank mobile app from the links below.
- After installing the app, login, tap on “My Cards”
- Next go to the “Virtual Cards” option.
- On the next screen, click on “Create a virtual card”
- Now to create your visa Virtual Card, enter the amount and then select your card type.
- After selecting the amount and card type, tap on the “Create virtual card” button and then enter your Ecobank PIN to confirm.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the virtual card to be created.