Are you in need of a free RDP account? Then just take a couple of minutes from your time and read this ultimate guide on the best ways to get a free RDP account in 2021.
We know some of you might not have heard this term ‘RDP’. So, before we dive into telling you how you can get a free RDP account, we will also throw some light on what RDP is all about.
What is RDP?
Now, what is this RDP stuff even? Well, RDP is an acronym for Remote Desktop Protocol which is a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft which provides a user with a graphical interface to connect to another computer over a network connection.
The user employs RDP client software for this purpose, while the other computer must run RDP server software.
In other words, it’s a protocol, or technical standard, for using a desktop computer remotely. Remote desktop software can use several different protocols, including RDP, Independent Computing Architecture (ICA), and virtual network computing (VNC), but RDP is the most commonly used protocol.
How does this work?
Essentially, RDP allows users to control their remote Windows machine as if they were working on it locally. The basic functionality of RDP is to transmit a monitor (output device) from the remote server to the client and the keyboard and/or mouse (input devices) from the client to the remote server.
RDP sessions operate over an encrypted channel, preventing anyone from viewing your session by listening on the network. Nevertheless, it still has its own downsides.
Unlike VPN, RDP typically enables users to access applications and files on any device, at any time, over any type of connection.
What are the best ways to get a free RDP account in 2021?
Now that you have an idea about the Remote Desktop Protocol, let’s discuss how you can get a free RDP account. But before that, why not take a look at some advantages of an RDP account or just to say using RDP?
Advantages of an RDP account or RDP
- It helps create a better connection among the computers.
- RDP is flexible. The main thing required is a PC and a safe web association, which indicates the sort of opportunity and adaptability that would be generally completely unthinkable.
- Esy to use
- Low cost
Getting a free RDP account in 2021
Now let(s talk getting free RDP account for you know that is why are here. RDP is normally purchased if you’d like to have all supported features and boost connection performance. But if you can’t afford to buy an RDP account, then check below for the best ways to get one for free.
Option 1: Using VMware
VMware is a website from which you can get a free RDP Account. And what is good about using VMware is that it offers free unlimited RDP.
Now here are the steps to follow in order to get your free RDP account:
- Start by visiting this weblink https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/registrtation
- On the page, register for an account. Upon registration, you will receive an email containing the activation link.
- Next, download the VMware Workstation program application and install it.
- Finally, use freetrial.daas.vca.vmware.com with the IP server address 22.214.171.124.
- After setting up using the above info, your free RDP will be up and running.
Option 2: Using Microsoft Azure
For this method, you will need to have an edu email address. You can read here on how to get one.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Register for Microsoft Azure student free trial here https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/students/.
- Click the “Start Free” button and signup using your edu email.
- Once the signup process is successful, you will be given a $100 Microsoft Azure Credit.
- Now from your account dashboard, go to the virtual machine option and click on “Create a resource“.
- From the options that will display on the next screen, select Windows Server 16 datacenter.
- Now select the resource or create a new one and Enter RDP details.
- The next step will be creating Admin accounts and setting the RDP size. And then click on the “Review+Create” button after you have filled all necessary information.
- Next, chose the RDP account you’ve’ created by clicking on the virtual machine name.
- And finally, download the RDP file containing your username and pasword.
Now you have your free RDP account which you can use on PC or mobile.