How to Use Chrome Extensions on Android Mobile Browsers. The Chrome extensions you use on your desktop browser help add more features and thereby enhancing performance and easing access to certain services. The big question now is, can you also use all your favourite chrome extensions on an Android Mobile browser? Continue reading this article to find out.
The desktop version of Google Chrome supports extensions that help improve productivity and web browsing experience. Unfortunately, Google Chrome users on Android don’t get the same treatment. Indeed, Google does not offer any way to add Chrome extensions to its mobile browser.
But there are several workarounds to this. An easy way is to use a third-party Chromium-based browser, like Kiwi Browser or Yandex. This guide shows you how to install Chrome extensions on Android using Kiwi Browser.
Install Chrome Extensions on Android to Improve Your Browsing Experience
It is easy to install Chrome extensions on desktop, but quite difficult to install the same extensions in Google Chrome for Android. One of the easiest ways to install Chrome extensions on Android is to use an alternative to the default Chrome browser.
Chromium-based browsers, like Kiwi, support installing Chrome extensions on mobile devices from the Chrome Web Store. But there is no guarantee that all the extensions you download and install will work on your mobile browser. Simply install and try out your beloved Chrome extensions and see which works best and which doesn’t.
How to Use Chrome Extensions on Android Mobile Browsers with Kiwi Browser
Kiwi Browser is a web browsing app that supports Chrome extensions on Android. The browser installs quickly and loads quickly. Here are the steps to add Chrome extensions on Android using Kiwi Browser.
- Download Kiwi Browser, which is free on the Play Store. Make sure it’s the latest version; otherwise, download the latest version of the app.
- Launch the browser. Tap the three dots in the upper right corner and select Extensions.
- Enable the toggle button in the upper right corner to enable developer mode.
- Now enter https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions in the URL bar to access the Chrome Web Store on mobile.
- Select the extensions you want to add from the Chrome Web Store, and an Install button will appear next to the extension. You can also use the browser’s address bar to search for an extension by name.
- Once you find the extension, select Add to Chrome. A message will appear asking if you want to confirm your choice. Tap OK to install the extension in the Android browser.
To manage extensions on the browser, tap the three dots in the upper right corner. Then select Extensions to access a catalogue of installed extensions that you can disable, update, or remove with just a few clicks.
Your Chrome extensions should be installed on Android, but there’s no guarantee that all of them will work. This is because Google Chrome extensions are not optimized for Android devices.