Hello, my Nigerian folks, this article is for you! This new year 2020 has just started and people are hoping their local ISPs provide better data plans. MTN and Opera launch Opera data plans in Nigeria for Opera users who want more browsing at less cost. This promotion bundle is available for Opera Mini and Opera News users in Nigeria. So, if you are using the MTN Network, you should be able to benefit from it.
This special data plan has 3 different bundles; A daily bundle, weekly and monthly one. And with it, you can save up to 90% since the Opera apps also come with built-in data saving option.
The Opera data plans have been designed to give you the same amount of MBs you regularly buy, but at less cost. This means you get more value for your money when you purchase an Opera and MTN data plan.
Subscribing to the Opera data plans
The subscription is as simple as that of any other data plans. Here are the steps to follow;
- DIAL/CALL *131*3# from your phone
- In the pop-up menu, CHOOSE option 9 – Opera Mini & News
- SELECT your choice of plan, 1 – Daily, 2 – Weekly, or 3 – Monthly
Alternatively, you can also send a direct SMS to 131 with the following keywords to purchase your plans:
- SEND an SMS with “OBD” for a daily 25MB plan for 20N to 131
- SEND an SMS with “OBW” for a weekly 100MB plan for 50N to 131
- SEND an SMS with “OBM” for a monthly 300MB plan for 100N to 131
Once you have activated any one of the Opera data plans, you will get a confirmation message, and can therefore start browsing via Opera Mini and Opera News right away.
What to note before subscribing to the Opera data plan
- These data plans include browsing only.
- Video streaming and file downloads are charged out of your normal data bundle.
- The data plans promotion is available for Nigerian MTN subscribers only.