Foldable phones are becoming increasingly popular, with almost all major manufacturers now offering at least one such device. Samsung is the current leader in the foldable market, and the company expects its sales to increase by 50% in 2023.
TM Roh, Samsung’s mobile division CEO, said that the company sold almost 10 million foldables last year. This includes the Galaxy Z Flip4 and Galaxy Z Fold4, which were sold in a 60/40 ratio.
Samsung expects to sell 15 million foldables in 2023, with the Galaxy Z Flip5 accounting for the majority of sales. This is due to the lower price of the Flip5, which is priced just under 2000 euros in the EU.
The Galaxy Z Fold5 is more expensive, but it does have a larger and more usable cover screen. However, the Fold5 is not as flat in the folded state as the Flip5. Despite this, both phones have improved construction over their predecessors. They are now flat in the folded state, and they have received an IP water resistance certification.
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
If Samsung’s sales forecasts are correct, the company will hold three-quarters of the world’s foldable market share in 2023. This is a significant achievement, and it shows that foldable phones are becoming increasingly mainstream.
Since the the foldable phone technology came to life, one can now see that:
- Samsung is not the only company that is seeing success in the foldable market. Other manufacturers, such as Huawei and Motorola, have also seen their sales grow in recent years.
- Foldable phones are still more expensive than traditional smartphones, but the price gap is narrowing. This is likely to lead to even more people buying foldable phones in the future.
- Foldable phones offer a number of advantages over traditional smartphones. They are more compact and portable, and they offer a larger screen when unfolded.
- As the technology continues to improve, foldable phones are likely to become even more popular in the years to come.