In order to limit the widespread of Coronavirus chaos, Facebook has placed a temporal ban on Ads listings dealing with Medical Face Mask for Coronavirus. This was spotted on a tweet on Twitter by the company’s Director of Product Management Rob Leathern. And based on information in a blog post from Facebook, the enforcement will begin over the next few days.
Kang-Xing Jin, Head of Health – Facebook“We are temporarily banning advertisements and commerce listings, like those on Marketplace, that sell medical face masks. We’ll begin to enforce this change over the next few days. We already prohibit people from making health or medical claims related to the coronavirus in product listings on commerce surfaces, including those listings that guarantee a product will prevent someone from contracting it. We also have a dedicated channel for local governments to share listings they believe violate local laws. Our teams are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and will make necessary updates to our policies if we see people trying to exploit this public health emergency. “
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
This measure was taken in an attempt to stop any further price increase of Medical face masks for Coronavirus and other related products like hand sterilisers. This was also spotted on a tweet from Adam Mosseri Facebook’s head of Instagram.
This temporal ban of Ads concerning the selling of products related to Coronavirus is clear that Facebook is against people exploiting this public health emergency situation.