Unlike the Android OS which is very open-source, iOS isn’t. To download torrents on the iPhone is not as easy as on some Android devices. Android users have access to a wide panoply of torrenting apps on the Google Play Store. And as for iOS users, since torrenting is sometimes considered illegal, Apple banned all torrent client apps from its online store. Thes make it difficult for iOS users to download torrent files on their device.
But does it mean iPhone users can’t download torrents directly from their device? The answer is no! You can download torrents using an iPhone and here we are going to give you some tips and how that is being done.
What is a torrent file?
a torrent file or METAINFO is a computer file that contains metadata about files and folders to be distributed, and usually, also a list of the network locations of trackers, which are computers that help participants in the system find each other and form efficient distribution groups called swarms. A torrent file does not contain the content to be distributed; it only contains information about those files, such as their names, sizes, folder structure, and cryptographic hash values for verifying file integrity. The term torrent may refer either to the metadata file or to the files downloaded, depending on the context. (source=Wikipedia)
But how can you download torrents from your iPhone without a torrent client?
You may probably be asking yourself this question. And you have the right to do so. Since there are no torrent client apps for iPhone, what we will be making use of is a torrent web client. That’s, you will have to make use of your web browser and do the downloading via a website(torrent web client)
Which torrent web client to use?
We’ve got many torrent web clients out there which you can use to download torrent directly on the iPhone. Some of the popular ones include;
Downloading torrent on the iPhone with torrent web clients
The process is the same for all the torrent web clients you have above. But before you start, please consider keeping your connection private by making use of a VPN app. Here are the steps to follow if you want to download torrents on the iPhone;
- Start by visiting the torrent website you wish to download your torrent file from using your iPhone web browser(Safari) or any other if you’ve installed. Some examples of good torrenting sites include; torrentdownloads.me , Katcr.to , ThePirateBay.org, ExtraTorrent.ag, oxtorrent, etc.
- Choose the torrent file to download. normally on PC or if you are on Android with a torrent client software or app installed, you will just have to click on the download link of the torrent(or the magnet link). Your torrent client will then detect and grab the torrent file and start downloading.
- Press and hold on the link of the torrent file and copy it.
- Next, head to one of the torrent web clients listed above and login or create an account.
- Paste your torrent link(magnet link) and click “Add new torrent”.
- The torrent web client will collect all the information(seeds) about the torrent and generate a download link.
- Once you see the download link, copy it instead. On iDevices, click the download button for media files will usually start streaming the file instead.
- We will be needing a particular app. Download the Document app by Readle from the App Store.
- Open Document app you just downloaded and click on the compass icon at the bottom-right corner. You will then see the link you copied earlier. At the top-right corner, tap on the download button. Your torrent will then start downloading. And once the download completed, head back to the Document App main screen and you will find in inside the download folder.
- Great! you’ve succeeded in download a torrent file directly from your iPhone.