WhatsApp 188.8.131.52 beta for iOS adds a Message editing feature
Telegram, one of the fast-growing instant messaging apps had already incorporated the message editing option. This is a very good and important feature many would want to see in any instant messaging app. WhatsApp users have always been longing for this feature.
Finally, based on some reports from Wabetainfo, WhatsApp 184.108.40.206 beta for iOS adds a Message editing feature. And that’s not all, the latest update comes with several new features, which are accessible to specific beta testers. A few of these features have already been rolled out to WhatsApp beta users on Android and those who joined the beta program of WhatsApp Web. It is now confirmed that these features are also accessible to some beta testers using the iOS app.
All the recent features spotted on WhatsApp beta for iOS include;
1) The “Silence unknown callers” feature which allows users to control the calls they receive by muting calls from unknown callers. This feature can be enabled by navigating to WhatsApp Settings > Privacy > Calls. This feature is also available on Android with the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update.
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
- Meta Hit with Record-Breaking $1.3 Billion Fine for EU Data Privacy Violations
- Official promo videos of the Motorola Razr 40 Ultra foldable phone surfaces online ahead of the launch date
- Honor 90 Series Set to Launch on May 29th: See live image leaks
- Who is the founder of Intel Corporation?
- Vivo Y36 Series Set to Launch in Indonesia on May 25
2) The “Group mentions” feature enables community admins to mention groups within the community announcement group to highlight them while sending messages to community members. This feature is also available on WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168.
3) The “Community entry point” feature adds a new button in the header of community announcement groups, allowing anyone to open a group linked to the community directly within the community announcement group. This shortcut was widely rolled out to users after installing the WhatsApp beta for the Android 22.214.171.124 update. The creator of the community can also create a group quickly from the menu that appears by tapping the button.
4) With the “Editing messages” feature, some users can now edit their text messages within 15 minutes of sending them, primarily intended to correct any typing errors. However, messages sent from a different device cannot be edited. This feature has also been released to some beta testers after installing the WhatsApp beta for the Android 126.96.36.199 update, with further improvements planned for a future update.