Facebook has just enabled the cross-app messaging on Instagram and Messenger apps making it possible for users to chat seamlessly across platforms.
This comes almost just a year after the announcement made by Facebook back in 2019. And according to the information, Facebook is to unify all it’s messaging apps.
As things stand, the unification plan is started and Instagram and Messenger are the two apps, to begin with.
By connecting the Messenger and Instagram together, Facebook hopes to bring some of the best Messenger experience to Instagram – so you have access to the best messaging experience, no matter which app you use. People on Instagram can decide whether to update immediately to this new experience says Facebook.
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
Things will for sure be awesome when Facebook adds the WhatsApp integration. This way, their clients will be able to discuss with friends and family members from any of Facebook’s app (Instagram, WhatsApp or Messenger) without having to worry about creating any extra account.
Here are all the features coming soon to the new Cross-app messaging on Instagram and Messenger:
- Communicate Across Apps: Seamlessly connect with friends and family across Instagram and Messenger by using either app to send messages and join video calls.
- Watch Together: Enjoy watching videos on Facebook Watch, IGTV, Reels (coming soon!), TV shows, movies, and more with friends and family during a video call.
- Vanish Mode: Choose a mode where seen messages disappear after they’re seen or when you close the chat.
- Selfie Stickers: Create a series of boomerang stickers with your selfie to use in conversation.
- Chat Colors: Personalize your chats with fun colour gradients.
- Custom Emoji Reactions: Create a shortcut of your favourite emojis to react quickly to messages from friends.
- Forwarding: Easily share great content with up to five friends or groups.
- Replies: Respond directly to a specific message in your chat and keep the conversation flowing.
- Animated Message Effects: Add visual flair to your message with animated send effects.
- Message Controls: Decide who can message you directly, and who can’t message you at all.
- Enhanced Reporting and Blocking Updates: Now you can report full conversations in addition to single messages on Instagram, and receive proactive blocking suggestions across Instagram and Messenger when you add your accounts in the new Accounts Center.
Is the Cross-app messaging on Instagram and Messenger live?
It should be noted that Facebook is still to roll out these new features on Instagram and Messenger and it will start with few countries which they didn’t mention.
Once the feature is live in some selected countires, the Facebook company plans to expand it globally soon.