Hello folks, did you know you could get zero interest on purchases of $99 or more when you check out with PayPal Credit? Interesting right? Oh! But what is PayPal Credit and how does it work? If you aren4t familiar with this service, then we are going to be telling you more in this post.
With PayPal credit, interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the balance is not paid in full within the promotional period. Minimum monthly payments are required.
About PayPal Credit
PayPal Credit, formerly named Bill Me Later (BML), is a proprietary payment method offered on the websites of many well-known merchants, including those of Wal-Mart, Home Depot, USPS, eBay, B&H Photo Video, Best Buy, Overstock.com, JetBlue Airways, Liquidation Channel, Jewelry Television and Hotels.com.
The site, which offers consumers a line of revolving credit through Synchrony Bank, allows purchases to be made online without using a credit card. The company was one of the first recipients of the Red Herring Global 100 Award by the publication Red Herring.
On November 7, 2008, PayPal completed its acquisition of Bill Me Later. It was formerly owned by I4 Commerce.
PayPal Credit is a reusable credit line available on purchases at millions of stores that accept PayPal. Plus, it comes with the same security and flexibility you trust from PayPal.
For New Accounts: Variable Purchase APR is 26.24%. The APR is accurate as of 9/1/2022 and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate (as defined in your credit card agreement). The minimum interest charge is $2.00.
Some Educational resources for you
- Programme des Examens de Rattrapage de fin de 1er Semestre à l’Université de Yaoundé II (SOA) 2022/2023
- Concours ENA 2023 au Congo
- Comment imprimer ses Convocations aux épreuves de présélection du concours CREM 2023?
- Les inscriptions aux examens du BEPC et BAC1 2023 Togo désormais en ligne
- 3ème appel à candidature pour le programme de formation de 1000 PHD et 5000 Masters formatuers en Guinée 2023
- Résultats Concours de recrutement de 100 auditeurs de justice au Bénin 2022-2023
- Calendrier des Examens à Université de Yaounde I session 2022-2023
- Université Norbert Zongo: Résultats de Master en Psychologie, Histoire, Lettres Modernes et Géographie 2022-2023
- OBC: Nouvelle Grille Tarifaire des Services Offerts par l’Office du Baccalauréat de Cameroun
- Nomination Au Ministère Des Affaires Étrangères Des Tchadiens De L’étranger Et De La Coopération Internationale
How it works
After customers open their accounts (including credit checks), PayPal Credit asks customers at every purchase to log into their PayPal account to complete the transaction. The approved customer can then pay the bill by mail (check), phone, or online (via bank account) at PayPal’s official website. Once the PayPal Credit account is linked to PayPal, it becomes a funding option within the PayPal account and gives the option to pay off the PayPal Credit balance.
Customers also get an email whenever they are declined. In cases when they are declined and they don’t receive declined email/letter, they can contact PayPal Credit Customer Service to check if it was not a system issue. PayPal Credit is not a credit card but a revolving line of credit offered by Synchrony Bank. Much like a traditional credit card, the company will charge late payments if necessary.
Purchases of $99+:
No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more.
- Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the balance is not paid in full within 6 months.
- A minimum monthly payment is required and may or may not pay off the promotional purchase by the end of the 6 month period.
- No interest will be charged on the purchase if you pay it off in full within 6 months. If you do not, interest will be charged on the purchase from the purchase date at the Purchase APR applicable to your account.
- For New Accounts: Variable Purchase APR is 26.24%. The APR is accurate as of 9/1/2022 and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate (as defined in your credit card agreement). The minimum interest charge is $2.00.
- Individual items that are less than $99 qualify for special financing when combined for a total of $99 or more in a single transaction.
- Multiple separate transactions of less than $99 per transaction cannot be combined to meet the minimum purchase amount.
Purchases of $98.99 or less:
Buy now and pay over time with PayPal Credit when you spend $98.99 or less.
- If you pay your balance in full each month by the payment due date that is on your statement, you can avoid paying interest.
- You can also make minimum monthly payments, or any additional amount of your choosing until you’ve paid off your balance according to your standard account terms. Please note, interest charges may apply.
- We’ll send you email reminders when your payments are due. You can also keep track of your account and view your statements online at any time.
Paypal Credit terms
For purchases of $99 and over that are made through PayPal wallet, customers have 6 months to pay their bill in full. If they don’t, then they are charged interest at a 19.99% APR starting from the original purchase date. Purchases not made through the PayPal wallet will only receive promotional financing if the merchant is offering it.