How to create an OpenAI ChatGPT account while in an unsupported country? The OpenAI ChatGPT tool has become the talk of the day on many forums online as well as offline. Launched back on October 2022, the tool was free to use but the developers recently announced that a pro version will be coming soon.
One issue with this amazing online AI platform is it isn4t accessible from all countries around the globe. That’s even if you succeed in creating an account on the platform, you will get a notice telling you your country isn’t supported.
What is OpenAI ChatGPT?
OpenAI ChatGPT (GPT stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is an online chat tool developed by OpenAI, an artificial intelligence research organization. Chat-GPT uses machine learning to generate answers to questions and conversations in a consistent and natural way.
To use ChatGPT, you need to enter a seed question or phrase, and the tool will use its pre-trained language model to generate an answer. ChatGPT is designed to be able to understand the context and continue a conversation in a natural way, using terms and phrases that are consistent with the topic of the conversation.
ChatGPT can be used in a variety of ways, including for research, education, and content creation. OpenAI has released an online version of ChatGPT which can be used for free by all users.
As earlier said, ChatGPT is not supported in all countries. Internet users from several countries including the DRC unfortunately cannot test the most fun tool of the moment.
How to create an OpenAI ChatGPT account while in an unsupported country?
To do this, we will need the following items:
A VPN To pretend that you live in a supported country.
You can use one of the following free VPNs:
- TunnelBear: TunnelBear is a free VPN that allows you to browse anonymously online and bypass geolocation restrictions. The service offers a free data limit of 500MB per month and is available on many devices and platforms.
- ProtonVPN: ProtonVPN is a free VPN that lets you browse securely and privately online. The service offers a free data limit of 1 GB per month and is available on many devices and platforms.
- Windscribe: Windscribe is a free VPN that allows you to browse anonymously online and bypass geolocation restrictions. The service offers a free data limit of 10 GB per month and is available on many devices and platforms.
- Hotspot Shield: Hotspot Shield is a free VPN that lets you browse securely and privately online. The service offers a free data limit of 500MB per day and is available on many devices and platforms.
- Speedify: Speedify is a free VPN that allows you to browse securely and privately online. The service offers a free data limit of 5 GB per month and is available on many devices and platforms.
Credit card and virtual phone number
If you don’t have a credit card or you don’t know how to get one, I recommend you to use the Fyatu service or Noupia where you can quickly get a virtual credit card with just a few clicks.
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
As for the Virtual phone number, do NOT choose the USA because Open Chat-GPT does not allow the use of virtual numbers from the United States. You can go for a country like the United Kingdom.
Now here is what you should do to register on OpenAI while being in an unsupported country
Start by Launching and connecting your VPN. Make sure you choose countries supported by Open AI Chat-GPT as the location.
Sign up for Open AI Chat-GPT: Go to this link and click on the Sign Up button . Sign up naturally by filling out the form as requested. You will be asked to validate the account by email if you choose to register directly with your email. After you will continue the registration with the validation of the phone number.
Enter the phone number to validate the account: The last step of registration is to provide the name and validate the account with a valid phone number.
Thanks to the private number purchased on Number2Go, you can validate your account.
Enter the private virtual number that you purchased from Number2Go when asked to provide a phone number.
Go into the app, head to the Messages tab and go to your messages to get the validation code
Account created: Finally, as soon as you validate your number, you will be in front of a prompt Chat GPT ready to receive your request
Finally, two last elements remain:
- A number can be used to validate several Chat GPT accounts
- Remember that Number2Go will charge your card after 3 days. If you don’t want to be charged, don’t forget to unsubscribe before the trial ends. You will still use your number during these three days even after cancellation.