How to Get a free virtual dollar or naira card in Nigeria 2023. Oh! Do you love doing online transactions and you are a resident of Nigeria? Well, the good news for you is that you can facilitate your online transacting using a virtual dollar card.
Although one can always use traditional physical plastic credit cards, virtual cards come in handy under certain situations and are pretty well secured.
In Nigeria, shopping online as well as paying for subscriptions or making normal digital payments can be a challenge especially on foreign international platforms like Facebook, Alibaba, Aliexpress, Amazon, Netflix etc.
Usually, people in Nigeria use their Master or Visa Credit or Debit Card to make these payments. But what next if you get rejected on an international platform and you really need a product or service from the platform?
Or you are in urgent need to pay for some stuff online and you don’t have your physical debit or credit card with you or you might have to get to a bank to one of these cards.
In situations like the above-mentioned, a virtual card could prove very useful as all you need in most cases is just an internet connection to access your online banking platform to get your virtual card details to process the payment.
What is a Prepaid Virtual Card?
A virtual prepaid card is very similar to a physical prepaid card. Except for only being able to access and use the card for online purchases, a virtual prepaid card offers all of the same options as a physical prepaid card.
A VCC is a debit or credit card that is created entirely online. They’re a randomly generated 16-digit number, complete with a card verification number and expiry date. They act in the same way traditional credit cards do—without the need for a physical card.
One good thing about VCC is that you can’t trace them back to the original easily. So, online hackers or deceitful merchants are not able to get to your sensitive data.
Also, given that virtual credit cards are non-physical, it is almost impossible to clone them, which makes them highly safe for all online transactions.
A virtual dollar cards and Virtual naira cards
Virtual cards are usually currency-denominated and as such, some VCCs won’t work on a platform accepting payment only in currencies different from that of your virtual card.
Virtual dollar cards, for example, are dollar-denominated non-physical cards for making payments online and not for physical card transactions like withdrawal of cash. They tend to work where Naira-denominated physical debit or credit cards from Nigerian banks and financial institutions fail.
Advantages of using a Virtual Credit Card(VCC)
- Firstly, there is the protection of your personal information.
- Secondly, there are no extra charges to when you use them(free)
- Thirdly, VCC is accepted by most internet users globally
- Customers are allowed a minimum and maximum credit limit per transaction each day.
Some Cons of VCC
- Firstly, virtual credit cards are valid for only a specific time period, specified by the card issuer.
- Secondly, not accepted by all merchants since it isn’t the real CC.
- Thirdly, at times transaction may delay resulting in the item purchased being sent without the transaction getting completed.
- And lastly, if there is a transaction where the customer has to show the original credit card in which the payment was done, virtual cards are unusable.
Get a free virtual dollar or naira card in Nigeria 2023 – Top Best free and cheap providers
Now let’s talk about how to get your free virtual dollar or naira card in Nigeria this 2023.
Barter by Flutterwave Virtual Dollar Cards
With Barter, you can send and receive money globally. All you need is to Create virtual dollar cards that work anywhere online.
Barter by Flutterwave is a lifestyle payments solution used by over 500,000
people to send money to and from Africa for free, receive money from abroad, create virtual cards for online shopping, pay bills and make instant payments online.
Barter allows you to instantly send and receive money from anywhere in the world at the best rates. Barter is the App of choice for users sending money to friends and family in Africa, and other parts of the world. Some of our major international partners include M-Pesa, MTN, Airtel, Ecobank and many more.
How to Get Barter by Flutterwave Virtual Dollar Card on Barter:
- Sign up to Barter by downloading the Barter mobile app or by visiting the Flutterwave website.
- Add your details and complete the KYC (Know-your-customer) and verification stage.
- Add money to your Barter by Flutterwave account.
- Click on “Create new card”.
- Go on to create either a multi-functional or a platform-specific card.
- Fund your virtual Dollar card and start making payments online with ease.
How to Send Money from Anywhere to countries in Africa
- – Log into your Barter app
- – Click on Send Money
- – Click on Send Money Abroad
- – Enter the amount and select the recipient’s currency and send money. (Shows the exchange rate, fees and speed of the transaction.)
- – Add a new contact and enter the account details, either Bank Account or Mobile Money.
- – Review Transaction
- – Go ahead and then enter your pin.
- – Tag the transfer and Voila. The person gets instantly.
Alternatively, you can use the method below:
- – Click Send Money
- – Select the Barter contact
- – Enter the amount being sent
- – Review the transaction
- – Enter pin and send the money
ALAT Virtual Dollar Cards
The ALAT Virtual Dollar Card is a non-physical dollar-denominated card for paying online. This card is created on the ALAT app and is funded with dollars converted from the naira in your ALAT account at the current bank rate. The funds in the card can be liquidated back into your ALAT account and your card deleted after use.
The virtual dollar card comes with regular card details (your card name, card number, expiry date, and the three-digit CVV code) saved on your app. You can retrieve these details whenever you need them. The maximum amount that can be on a dollar card is $20,000.
How to get an ALAT Virtual Dollar Card
- Download and Sign up for ALAT on its app if you haven’t already
- Sign in to ALAT on Mobile or Web.
- Navigate to the main menu and Tap on Cards
- Click on ALAT Dollar Card
- Click on Create a New Card
- Then Fill in all required information to proceed and create your virtual dollar card.
Can I use my ALAT Virtual Dollar Card for a money transfer?
This Card is a prepaid card and can be used to purchase goods and services on all websites and applications that accept master cards or visa dollar cards. However, please note that you cannot use your virtual card on ATMs, POS terminals, and websites that require 3D secure authentication. The card cannot be used on a money transfer website.
Kuda bank Virtual naira Card
Kuda Bank formerly called Kudi money is a Nigerian free digital-only bank that was founded in 2017, it was renamed Kuda Bank in 2019. It was founded by Babs Ogundeyi.
The Kuda bank is one of the top digital banks in Nigeria also offers virtual cards besides normal physical credit cards. And the good thing is both their physical and virtual dollar cards are free. This free digital bank with microfinance banking is licensed from the Central Bank of Nigeria.
You can get Kuda on your Android, iOS or access the web app version via your web browser to get your card, as well as manage it.
How to create a virtual card:
- Open Kuda and tap Card on the menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Request A Card.
- Tap Get A Virtual Card.
- Confirm with your transaction PIN, fingerprint or Face ID.
- Create a PIN for your virtual card, confirm it then tap Next.
- Tap Okay.
Get a free virtual card in Nigeria with Wallets Africa
- Who is the founder of BBC?
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
Wallets Africa (formerly Wallet.ng) was founded in 2016 and their headquarter is in Lagos, Nigeria. lets users send, receive money, and make payments through their phones.
Wallets Africa helps Africans and African owned businesses send money, receive money, make card payments and access loans. Onboard and perform all financial transactions from the comfort of your mobile phone or computer.
To get a virtual dollar card on Wallet follow these steps:
- Sign up to Wallet by downloading the Wallet Mobile App to create an account
- Click on Cards
- Tap on Create your card
- Then fund your virtual dollar card on Kuda bank.
Eyowo – Get a free virtual dollar or naira card in Nigeria 2023
On Eyowo, your phone number is your account number. Just take out the first zero. Save yourself time by cutting out long hours in a banking hall.
Send money to any bank account and if the receiver doesn’t have one, you can send it to their phone number with Eyowo.
Eyowo is a reliable financial technology company that allows you to make payments, pay bills and receive money with just your phone number. You are also entitled to a “cardless ATM withdrawal” service if you use Eyowo. This allows you to access physical cash without your ATM card.
All your card information is securely stored in your app to keep your money safe. No PAN, No Expiry date.
One interesting feature is the option to fund your virtual Dollar card with as low as $1.
How to Get a Virtual Dollar Card on Eyowo
- Sign in to the Eyowo mobile app or via their official website: https://bank.eyowo.com/phone
- Navigate to the dashboard and Tap on “More”
- Then Tap on “Eyowo dollar cards”
- Click “Create Card”
- You can now Fund your virtual card.
GTBank Prepaid Virtual Naira MasterCard
The GTBank Prepaid Virtual Card is an instant card issued via the Internet Banking Platform just like any other prepaid virtual CC.
The GTBank Virtual MasterCard is a digital payment card designed to aid frequent online shoppers with a secure and flexible alternative to physical payment cards. The virtual card is instantly issued via Internet Banking.
The to apply for GTBank Prepaid Virtual Naira MasterCard is designed primarily for:
- Security conscious online shoppers who prefer not to use their debit/credit cards linked to their regular bank account online.
- As a fall back option for customers who have forgotten or lost their Card, but need to perform urgent online purchase.
Transaction Limits of the GTBank Prepaid Virtual Naira MasterCard
|Daily loading limit||N100,000|
|Daily Maximum Card Balance||N500,000|
|Local Web transactions||N500,000 daily|
|International Online transactions||$3,000 monthly|
Bitsika Virtual Visa Dollar Card
Bitsika is also a good virtual card provider in Nigeria. Send money between African countries and create virtual VISA cards quickly and easily with Bitsika.
Send money between Nigeria, Cameroon, Togo, Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal instantly, right from your phone. Issue virtual VISA cards to start spending anywhere online.
With Bitsika, you deposit money in one currency and withdraw anytime to that same currency or to other currencies. A multi-currency app right in your pocket.
First bank Debit Virtual Visa Card
FirstBank Virtual Card is a Naira denominated debit card. It is a digital representation of any plastic debit card, linked to either a customer operative account or wallet account. You can get your Virtual Card via our digital channels; FirstMobile or FirstMonie Wallet applications.
The Virtual card is free for the first 10,000 customers who download it and guess what, you also get a 10% discount on all purchases (capped at N1,000.00). Download your own Virtual debit card now from the Card Services menu on your FirstMobile App or My Virtual Card on Firstmonie Wallet App.
You can request your virtual card via the FirstMobile or Firstmonie Wallet applications and immediately after the card is purchased on the FirstMobile or Firstmonie Application, a prompt for card activation is seen. Simply select Yes and you have an active virtual card. No branch visit is required.
Virtual cards requested on the FirstMobile application would be linked to the selected account at the point of issuance. Similarly, cards issued on the FirstMonie Wallet application would be linked to your wallet account.
One great thing we like about the First Bank virtual card is that both local and online transactions are without charges.
How do I view my Virtual card details when I want to carry out transactions?
The card is hosted on the FirstMobile/FirstMonie Wallet platforms and can be used to carry out financial transactions by following the steps below:
- Log into the FirstMobile/FirstMonie Wallet application.
- Select Virtual cards
- Click on the eye icon/ Card PAN on the virtual card
- Input your Transaction PIN/secret word
- The concealed card details are then revealed for use
- The FirstBank Virtual Card is a digital representation of a physical card used for making online payments
- It is a debit card linked to your FirstBank account or Firstmonie Wallet
- It is easily available on the Card Services menu on FirstMobile App and My Virtual Card on Firstmonie Wallet App
- It costs just N200 – that way you get to save N800!
- The card is secure as the details of your physical debit card are kept private and not disclosed for online transactions
- You can travel light without carrying a card. It’s all online
- The Virtual Card can be blocked/unblocked directly on the FirstMobile/FirstMonie Wallet Apps. You can protect your Virtual Card when not in use by blocking it on your Apps.
- PIN Reset can be done conveniently on the FirstMobile/Firstmonie Wallet Apps with the Reset PIN menu of the Virtual Card Services on your Apps
- The Virtual Card is valid for three (3) years and allows you spend from your FirstBank account or Firstmonie Wallet within spend limit advised by bank.
Get a free virtual dollar or naira card in Nigeria 2023 – Other top providers
- Carbon – Virtual Visa Card in Nigeria
- Gomoney – Virtual Naira Master Card
Now that you have learnt how to get a free virtual dollar or naira card in Nigeria, we believe from the different features each offer, you should be able to make a choice for yourself depending on your needs. A virtual dollar card will be great especially if you intend to perform purchases on international platforms. But if you simply want a virtual card for local online shops, then you can get a virtual naira card.