The popular battle royale game PUBG Mobile has returned to India after a 10-month ban. The game was banned in September 2022 by the Indian government, citing security concerns. However, the ban was lifted on May 27, 2023, after Krafton, the game’s developer, made a number of changes to the game, including:
- Renaming the game to Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI)
- Removing all references to China from the game
- Storing all user data in India
- Limiting the daily playtime to three hours
The game is now available for download on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. Players can pre-load the game now, and the servers will open on May 29.
The return of PUBG Mobile is a major victory for Krafton. The game was one of the most popular mobile games in India before it was banned, and its return is expected to be met with a warm welcome from Indian gamers.
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
In a statement, Krafton CEO Sean Hyunil Sohn said, “We are thrilled to announce that BGMI is now available for pre-load. We are constantly working to provide our users with a seamless gameplay experience and are excited to welcome everyone back. We extend our gratitude to the authorities and our users for their continued support as we aim to enhance the gaming experience for our Indian community.”
The return of PUBG Mobile is also a positive development for the Indian gaming industry. The game’s popularity is a sign that there is a large and growing market for mobile games in India. This is good news for other game developers, who are now more likely to invest in the Indian market.
The return of PUBG Mobile is a significant event for the Indian gaming industry. The game’s popularity is a sign that there is a large and growing market for mobile games in India. This is good news for other game developers, who are now more likely to invest in the Indian market.