Finally, Google Maps for Android has now the Incognito Mode. This comes after Google’s announcement of introducing the Incognito mode for Maps, a couple of months back. The announcement concerning the rolling out of Incognito mode for Google Maps could be spotted from a tweet by Google on May 7, 2019.
Today, we’re excited to announce that Incognito mode is rolling out for Android users on Google Maps.
What is Incognito mode?
When you turn on Incognito mode, your activity in Maps—like the places you search or get directions to—won’t be saved to your Google Account. “
Although the rollout has begun in earnest, it will not be available for everyone. It should take a couple of days to reach everyone.
Google Maps Incognito Mode: The usefulness
This new feature would prevent your search queries and real-time tracked location from being recorded onto your Google account. And with it activated(Incognito Mode), one can, therefore, book a rendezvous in secrecy.
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
This implies when activated, Google Maps will not;
- Save your browser or search history, or send you notifications
- Update your Location History or shared location, if any
- Use your personal data to personalize Maps
Turning on Incognito
Turning on Incognito mode in Maps does not affect how your activity is used or saved by internet providers, other apps, voice search, and other Google services.
To turn on the Incognito Mode, proceed as follows;
- Open the Google Maps app
- Tap on your profile picture
- Tap on “Turn on Incognito mode”
Unfortunately, the Incognito Mode for Google Maps is only available for Android users. iOS user will have to wait in the hopes of it being rolled out in the nearest future.