If you’re one of the many people who have tried a foldable smartphone, you know the fascination they bring. With the market expanding rapidly, top Chinese smartphone manufacturer VIVO has unveiled its latest offering: the VIVO X Fold 2. Pre-orders for this cutting-edge device are now open, with shipping set to begin on April 28th.
The X Fold 2 serves as the follow-up to last year’s first-generation model and boasts a host of improvements over its predecessor. It’s set to go head-to-head with other market competitors such as the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and OPPO Find N2. Continue reading to discover what features the Vivo X Fold 2 has to offer right out of the box.
Vivo X Fold 2 specifications and features
Boasting a horizontal folding design, the Vivo X Fold 2 features a 6.56-inch exterior display with a resolution of 2,520 x 1,080 pixels, while its 8.03-inch interior screen has a resolution of 2,160 x 1,916 pixels. Both displays utilize an AMOLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, up to 1,800 nits peak brightness, and a 3D ultrasonic fingerprint scanner integrated into the screen.
The device measures 161.3 x 73.4 x 13mm (6-6.7mm when unfolded) and weighs 280 grams, with a hinge made of Vivo’s self-developed FS54 aviation-grade material for durability and lightweight construction. The Vivo X Fold 2 also features a Flex Mode that allows users to prop it up for hands-free calling, video playback, and photography.
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
The circular camera module on the back panel consists of a 50MP OIS-enabled primary sensor, a 12MP ultra-wide lens, and a 12MP telephoto lens. Both the interior and exterior screens feature a 16MP selfie camera located in a center-aligned punch-hole cutout. Additionally, the device comes equipped with a V2 chip to enhance its imaging capabilities.
The Vivo X Fold 2 is the world’s first foldable phone to be powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor. It comes with 12GB LPDDR5X RAM and either 256GB or 512GB UFS 4.0 storage options. The foldable phone is backed by a 4,800mAh battery with support for 120W wired and 50W wireless charging, as well as a VC liquid cooling system for heat dissipation. The device runs on OriginOS 3 based on Android 13 out of the box.
- 2K + E6 two screens
- Self-developed aviation-grade drop hinge
- 120W dual-core flash charging + 50W wireless flash charging
- The second-gen Snapdragon 8 flagship chip
- The industry’s largest VC liquid cooling heat dissipation area
- 3D ultrasonic screen fingerprint on both screens
- Wireless lossless Hi-Fi
Pricing and availability
The base variant of the Vivo X Fold 2, which includes 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, starts at RMB 8,999 ($1,307), while the 12GB + 512GB model is priced at RMB 9,999 ($1,453). The device is available for pre-order in China and will be available for purchase starting from April 28th. The foldable phone is available in China Red, Azure Blue, and String Shadow Black colors.