More foldable phones are entering the market, and renowned leakster @evleaks recently shared official promo render videos of the Motorola Razr 40 Ultra foldable phone. The videos reveal that this device retains the iconic flip phone design. Globally, it will be known as the Motorola Razr 40 Ultra, while in the U.S. market, it will be called Motorola Razr+.
Notably, the phone features an exceptionally large outer screen that occupies almost the entire folded back cover. Previous reports indicated that the phone would be available in three colours, and the renders confirm red, grey, and possibly black options. Furthermore, the images suggest that the model’s display extends beyond the camera, indicating a uniquely designed folding exterior screen by Moto, with a dedicated section for alerts.
Rumoured specifications for the Motorola Razr 40 Ultra include a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chip, an external screen resolution of 1056 x 1066, and a main screen resolution of 1080 x 2640. The device is expected to offer a high refresh rate of either 120Hz or 144Hz, storage capacity of up to 512GB, memory options of up to 12GB, and a 3640 mAh battery with 33W fast charging support. On the software side, it will come pre-installed with Android 13. In terms of cameras, the Motorola Razr 40 Ultra is rumoured to feature a Sony IMX563 sensor and a 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens, along with a 32MP OmniVision OV32B40 sensor for the internal screen.
- The Razr 40 Ultra has a clamshell foldable form factor with a tall display with a centred punch-hole camera.
- The bezels are quite slim and are clearly visible in the leaked images.
- The phone has a large secondary display at the back that also surrounds the camera lenses, plus a visibly gapless design when the two halves are shut closed.
- The device comes in three colours: red, grey and black.
- The Razr 40 Ultra has a full display inside that folds down to a new outer display that dominates the cover, even surrounding the two main cameras.
- The external display is much bigger than before, and the phone unfolds into a traditionally-shaped smartphone rather than a larger tablet-style display.
- The Razr 40 Ultra is expected to be powered by a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor.
- To use up to 12GB of RAM
- This phone will have up to 512GB of internal storage.