Google’s Generative AI Search is a new feature that uses artificial intelligence to generate text summaries of information found online. This can be helpful for users who are looking for quick answers to questions or who want to learn more about a topic without having to read through a lot of text.
Some people are concerned that Google’s Generative AI Search will kill SEO. They argue that if Google can generate summaries of information, then there will be less need for people to click on links to websites. This could lead to a decrease in traffic to websites, which could hurt SEO.
However, others argue that Google’s Generative Search AI will actually help SEO. They argue that if Google can generate summaries of information, then it will be able to better understand the content of websites. This will allow Google to rank websites more accurately, which could lead to an increase in traffic to websites.
So, will Google’s Generative Search AI kill SEO? It’s too early to say for sure. However, it’s clear that Google’s AI is changing the way that people search the web. This will have a significant impact on SEO, and businesses and publishers will need to adapt to the changing landscape in order to succeed.
About Google’s Generative AI Search
Google’s Generative AI Search or simply Generative AI is a new feature that uses artificial intelligence to generate text summaries of information found online. This can be helpful for users who are looking for quick answers to questions or who want to learn more about a topic without having to read through a lot of text.
The Generative AI Searchworks by first understanding the user’s query. It then uses a variety of sources, including websites, articles, and books, to generate a summary of the information that is relevant to the query. The summary is then displayed at the top of the search results page, along with links to the sources that were used to generate it.
Generative AI Search is still under development, but it has the potential to make Google Search more powerful and user-friendly. It can help users find the information they need more quickly and easily, and it can also help them learn more about a topic without having to read through a lot of text.
Here are some examples of how the Generative AI Search can be used:
- You can use it to find quick answers to questions. For example, if you’re wondering how to change a tire, you can simply type “how to change a tire” into the search bar and Google will generate a summary of the information that you need.
- You can use it to learn more about a topic. For example, if you’re interested in learning about the history of the Civil War, you can type “history of the Civil War” into the search bar and Google will generate a summary of the information that you need.
- You can use it to find specific information. For example, if you’re looking for a recipe for chocolate chip cookies, you can type “chocolate chip cookies recipe” into the search bar and Google will generate a summary of the recipe, along with links to websites where you can find the full recipe.
Generative AI Search is a powerful new tool that can make Google Search more helpful and informative. If you’re not already using it, I encourage you to give it a try.
What are some of its advantages?
There are many advantages to using Google’s Generative Search AI. Here are a few of the most notable:
- Speed: Generative Search AI can generate summaries of information much faster than a human can. This means that you can get the information you need more quickly.
- Accuracy: Generative Search AI is trained on a massive dataset of text, so it is able to generate summaries that are accurate and informative.
- Relevance: Generative Search AI is able to generate summaries that are relevant to your query. This means that you are less likely to be bombarded with irrelevant information.
- Ease of use: Generative Search AI is easy to use. Simply type your query into the search bar and Google will generate a summary of the information that you need.
Google’s AI search advantages can even go further than the ones we’ve listed above. Here are some additional advantages of using Google’s Generative Search AI:
- It can help you to understand complex topics. Generative Search AI can summarize information from a variety of sources, including websites, articles, and books. This can be helpful for users who are trying to understand complex topics.
- It can help you to make better decisions. By providing you with a summary of the information that is relevant to your query, Generative Search AI can help you to make better decisions.
- It can help you to save time. Generative Search AI can save you time by summarizing information that you would otherwise have to read through yourself.
Now what about the impact on SEO and SERPs?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of improving the ranking of a website in search engine results pages (SERPs). SERPs are the pages that are displayed when a user enters a search query into a search engine.
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
There are a number of factors that Google considers when ranking websites in SERPs. These factors include:
- The quality and relevance of the content on the website
- The number and quality of backlinks to the website
- The website’s domain authority
- The website’s loading speed
- The website’s mobile-friendliness
SEO is a complex and ever-changing field. However, there are a number of things that website owners can do to improve their chances of ranking well in SERPs. These things include:
- Creating high-quality content that is relevant to their target audience
- Building backlinks to their website from high-quality websites
- Optimizing their website for mobile devices
- Making sure their website loads quickly
SEO can be a long and challenging process. However, it can be a very rewarding one. By improving their SEO, website owners can attract more visitors to their websites and increase their chances of success.
Here are some additional tips for improving your website’s SEO:
- Use relevant keywords throughout your website’s content.
- Optimize your website’s title tags and meta descriptions.
- Submit your website to relevant directories and search engines.
- Keep your website’s content up-to-date.
- Monitor your website’s SEO performance and make adjustments as needed.
Will Google’s AI Search KILL SEO?
Now, coming back to the subject at hand. Even though at first glance this new AI-search feature might seem advantageous to users, the truth remains that it isn’t all that good. I have been blogging for years now and have come to understand users a bit. Many users sadly nowadays believe what they see on Google search results comes from Google themselves. So, imagine a situation where the generative AI search could even generate a full-page remixed content of what a user is asking. This means there will be no need for users to click on the top blue links on search results either! So, some of the main drawbacks of this AI-powered search may include;
- Generative AI models are often opaque, making it difficult to understand how they work and why they generate the output that they do. This can make it difficult to trust the results of generative AI models, and can also make it difficult to identify and correct biases in the models.
- Potential for bias: Generative AI models are trained on large datasets of text and code. If these datasets are biased, then the models will be biased as well. This can lead to generative AI models generating output that is harmful or offensive.
- Potential for misuse: Generative AI models can be used to generate fake content, such as fake news articles or fake social media posts. This content can be used to deceive people, to spread misinformation, or to harm people’s reputations.
- Potential for job displacement: Generative AI models can be used to automate tasks that are currently done by humans. This could lead to job displacement in some industries, as machines become capable of doing the work that humans once did.
That said, Google’s Generative Search AI has the potential to have a significant impact on SEO and SERPs in a positive way too. Here are a few of the ways that it could impact the landscape:
- Increased focus on quality content: As Google becomes more reliant on AI to generate search results, it will likely place a greater emphasis on the quality of the content that is available online. This means that businesses and publishers will need to focus on creating high-quality content that is relevant to their target audience.
- Shift in ranking factors: As Google’s AI becomes more sophisticated, it is likely that the ranking factors that are used to determine search results will change. This could mean that businesses and publishers will need to focus on different aspects of their content in order to rank well in search results.
- Increased competition: As businesses and publishers focus on creating high-quality content, the competition for top rankings in search results is likely to increase. This means that businesses and publishers will need to work harder than ever to stand out from the competition.
It is important to note that Google remains dedicated to driving traffic to websites across the internet and continues to view ads as a crucial component of the online ecosystem. The company emphasizes that it still intends to prioritize directing traffic to the websites of content owners.
As professionals in the field of search engine optimization (SEO), it is vital to stay informed about these advancements, comprehend their implications, and be ready to adapt strategies accordingly. Remember, SEO has always revolved around delivering high-quality and relevant content to users, and this principle remains fundamental to achieving success in SEO, even with the advent of generative AI.
Tips for businesses and Publishers to rank better
Here are a few tips for businesses and publishers who want to improve their chances of ranking well in search results in the age of AI-powered search:
- Create high-quality content: This is the most important factor that Google will consider when ranking websites in search results. Make sure your content is well-written, informative, and relevant to your target audience.
- Use relevant keywords: When you’re creating content, make sure to use relevant keywords throughout your text. This will help Google to understand what your content is about and rank it higher in search results for relevant queries.
- Optimize your website for mobile: More and more people are using their mobile devices to search the web. Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices so that it can be easily viewed and navigated on a small screen.
- Build backlinks: Backlinks are linked from other websites to your website. They’re a signal to Google that your website is popular and trustworthy. You can build backlinks by guest blogging, participating in social media, and submitting your website to directories.