Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration platform developed by Microsoft Corporation. It is designed to help teams work together more efficiently by providing a central hub for conversations, meetings, file sharing, and more. Teams integrate with other Microsoft products, such as SharePoint, OneDrive, and Office 365, allowing users to access and collaborate on documents and files directly within the platform.
Teams offer a variety of features to support remote collaboration and communication, including video and audio calling, screen sharing, chat, and virtual meeting rooms. It also has a range of customizable options to help teams tailor their workspace to their specific needs, such as adding custom tabs, creating channels, and integrating third-party applications.
Microsoft Teams is available as a desktop application, a web app, and a mobile app, making it easy for users to access their workspace from anywhere. It is widely used by businesses, schools, and other organizations to support remote work and virtual collaboration.
The premium version
Microsoft Teams Premium is a paid version of the popular collaboration platform, Microsoft Teams. It includes additional features and capabilities beyond what is available in the free version of the software. Some of the key features of Microsoft Teams Premium include:
- Advanced security and compliance capabilities: Microsoft Teams Premium includes advanced security and compliance capabilities, such as data loss prevention, information barriers, and retention policies.
- Audio Conferencing: With Teams Premium, users can make and receive calls from regular phones and use audio conferencing to connect with people who are not using Teams.
- Custom Backgrounds: Users can customize their backgrounds during meetings with the ability to blur their surroundings or add an image.
- Larger meetings and webinars: Teams Premium allows users to host larger meetings and webinars, with up to 20,000 participants.
- Priority Support: With Teams Premium, users get priority support from Microsoft, meaning that they can receive help with any issues they encounter more quickly than with the free version.