How to become a blockchain developer in 2023. This article will guide you on how to become a blockchain developer and as well as tell you where you can get trained for that.
Blockchain constitutes a database that contains the history of all the exchanges carried out between its users since its creation. This database is secure and distributed, it is shared by its various users, without an intermediary, which allows everyone to check the validity of the chain.
As a recording technology primarily associated with bitcoin, it can serve as a tracking mechanism for any form of digital transaction.
The advantage of this technology is that it cannot be falsified and therefore guarantees the integrity of transactions. It is of interest to more and more sectors and is a technology of the future. Working in the blockchain sector is therefore a guarantee of well-paid jobs.
If you are looking for how to become a blockchain developer, this article is for you. It examines the steps to become a blockchain developer, the requirements of blockchain training, information on wages and many more.
What is blockchain?
Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack, or cheat the system.
A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain. Each block in the chain contains a number of transactions, and every time a new transaction occurs on the blockchain, a record of that transaction is added to every participant’s ledger. The decentralised database managed by multiple participants is known as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT).
Blockchain is a type of DLT in which transactions are recorded with an immutable cryptographic signature called a hash.
Each transaction in this ledger is authorized by the owner’s digital signature, which authenticates the transaction and protects it from tampering. Therefore, the information in the registry is highly secure.
In simpler terms, the ledger is like a spreadsheet shared among several computers on a network, in which transaction records are stored based on actual purchases. The fascinating thing is that anyone can see the data, but cannot corrupt it.
How does the blockchain work?
In recent years, you may have noticed that many companies around the world have integrated Blockchain technology. But how exactly does supply chain technology work? Is this a significant change or just an addition? Advances in Blockchain technology are still young and could be revolutionary in the future; So let’s start demystifying this technology.
Blockchain is a combination of three cutting-edge technologies:
- Cryptographic keys
- A peer-to-peer network containing a shared ledger
- A means of calculation, to store transactions and network records
Cryptography keys are made up of two keys – the private key and the public key. These keys help in making successful transactions between two parties. Each individual has these two keys, which they use to generate a secure digital identity reference. This secure identity is the most important aspect of Blockchain technology. In the crypto world, this identity is called a “ digital signature ” and is used to authorize and control transactions.
The digital signature is merged with the peer-to-peer network, a large number of people who act as authorities use the digital signature in order to reach consensus on transactions, among other things. When they authorize a transaction, it is certified by a mathematical verification, which results in a successful secure transaction between the two parties connected to the network. In summary, blockchain users use crypto keys to perform different types of digital interactions on the peer-to-peer network.
What is a blockchain developer
To put it simple and short, a Blockchain developer develops Blockchains.
That is, he is responsible for establishing and maximizing blockchain-based protocols, whether in its architecture, smart contracts or web applications, to name but a few. some. The time it takes to become a blockchain developer largely depends on which educational option you choose to take and your current level, whether you are already an IT professional or just starting out.
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
A blockchain developer has the knowledge and skills to develop and optimize decentralized applications ( dApps ) and smart contracts. He will have to know the architectures and the blockchain protocols.
We can also distinguish two different types of Blockchain developers; the Core Blockchain Developer and the Blockchain Software Developer.
Core Blockchain developers
They are responsible for developing and optimizing the architecture. The developer will design, develop and optimize the protocols that support a blockchain solution. A good example is the consensus protocol which defines how members using the blockchain and the resources it contains agree on the sharing and use of those resources.
- They implement the functionalities and characteristics of the blockchain and ensure its functioning
- They design and implement network security
- They plan, design and implement integrations of the blockchain network with other services.
- They contribute to the improvement of the characteristics and functionalities of the blockchain network.
Blockchain software developers
They develop and implement the design according to the plan established by the blockchain developer to create decentralized applications (Apps) for blockchain technology systems. Their role is similar to that of a traditional web developer who uses protocols and design structures established by a senior web architect.
- They develop the dApps.
- They implement smart contracts or smart contracts.
- They make sure the dApps are working as expected.
- Network research and integration with other services and applications.
How to become a blockchain developer in 2023
Those interested in a career as a blockchain developer should have a basic knowledge of IT, data security, and computer science. An understanding of distributed systems, networks, cryptography, and data structures would be a plus. Having a degree in computer engineering is a plus for acquiring new skills.
But if you’re someone who wants to become a Blockchain developer but has no related skills or experience to build a foundation on, then frankly, the road is going to be a little tougher for you and will require more work and dedication.
Why become a Blockchain developer?
The consulting firm Gartner cites the Blockchain as one of the main strategic technologies for the years to come. Although blockchains – in large part due to interoperability and extensibility constraints – are still at a very early stage in relation to their practical use, these gaps are expected to narrow by 2023.
The promises of blockchain are immense due to its ability to eliminate the middleman, reduce costs, and boost efficiency in the transaction and product traceability. This portends huge possibilities for skilled developers.
Blockchain developers will be able to work in many industries such as:
- The Bank : Financial institutions only operate during office hours, five days a week. Blockchain operates 24/7. In other words, a financial transaction executed using a blockchain is typically completed within hours, seven days a week. Many neobanks rely on it. these technologies in their applications to meet the current demands of their customers.
- Health: The health sector is studying the first pilot cases of the use of blockchain to secure patient medical records. These records can be encoded and stored on the blockchain so that they are only accessible to persons authorized by the patient.
- Procurement : Blockchain offers potential solutions to improve the efficiency of administration and monitoring of data, reducing the costs associated with the transport of goods.
Here are the reasons why becoming a blockchain developer will secure your professional future:
- High demand : The outlook is very high when it comes to blockchain technologies. A little less than 1% of companies have implemented this technology, it is a real project to implement in the future.
- Attractive salaries : In France, the average salary of a Blockchain developer is € 54,000 gross annually.
- You can also teach : Jobs and trainings of blockchain developers can open up additional sources of income by teaching others the skills to be developed on the same basis. For example, they can teach through online tutoring platforms.
- Improved digital identity and security : Blockchain holds more promise for organizations that want to secure their operations and platforms.
Where to find Blockchain training?
You can either learn on your own if you already have a good level of computer science and are used to training on your own.
But for the majority of developers, it will be much more interesting to follow a blockchain training in a training centre or on an online tutoring platform, you can choose the training that has been proven and will issue you a professional certification allowing you to apply. to blockchain developer positions.
Some recommended courses you can take online include;