Data Analysis And Business Intelligence With Microsoft Excel paid Udemy course now free for a limited time. This 100% discount code for the above-mentioned course is valid for 48 hours starting today 28/10/2021.
So, hurry up, enrol now and learn how to use Power Query, Power Pivot, DAX, & Excel’s data visualization tools to build powerful Business Intelligence solutions.
This course includes:
- 9 hours on-demand video
- 24 articles
- 100 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
Data Analysis And Business Intelligence With Microsoft Excel: What you’ll learn
- Use Power Query to pull external datasets into Excel, and transform them into whatever shape is needed for your analysis
- Master the art and science of Data Modeling in Excel, connecting your datasets from Power Query so they can be analyzed together
- Build “Power” Pivot Tables to rapidly extract insights from your Data Model, whether your data tables have 10 rows or 10 million
- Become proficient in the DAX formula language, to inject more sophisticated calculations and KPIs into your Pivot Tables than you even thought possible
- Polish your calculations into professional presentations with data visualization tools like Pivot Charts and conditional formatting
- Leverage Slicers and Timelines to engineer dynamic dashboards that maximize the amount of information you can present on a single screen
- Retain – AND build on – everything you’ve learned, by tackling dozens of hands-on exercises that cover every concept in the course
Data Analysis And Business Intelligence With Microsoft Excel Course Description
The first thing you need to know about this course is that this is NOT your granddad’s Excel.
Instead of the same old spreadsheet stuff, we’ll do a deep dive on a truly revolutionary set of tools that empower you to do industrial-strength Business Intelligence: the art and science of transforming data – usually massive amounts of it – into meaningful, actionable insights.
In the past, doing “real” BI meant using expensive enterprise software that only a select few people would have access to anyway. But with what you’ll learn in this course, you’ll be building robust Business Intelligence solutions in no time, using nothing more than an Excel spreadsheet on your desktop.
- First up, we’ll dive into Power Query, a feature-packed yet easy to use tool for extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL for short) data from just about any source you can imagine into Excel. From text files to databases, wherever the data you want to analyze might be stored, you can use Power Query to pull it into Excel, and then transform it however you need to support your analysis.
- Next, there’s an optional section on Pivot Tables, just in case you’re not already familiar with them. While Pivot Tables may not be a revolutionary new feature in and of themselves, they nonetheless play a crucial role in the Excel Business Intelligence landscape.
- We’ll then learn to turn those Pivot Tables into “Power” Pivot Tables, by connecting them to the Excel Data Model…which is basically a relational database that lives right inside your Excel spreadsheet! This will allow us to mash up and analyze multiple datasets in a single Pivot Table…no VLOOKUPS required!And remember how Excel usually starts to sputter out once you try to play around with more than a couple hundred thousand rows of data? No more! Power Pivot let’s you work with up to hundreds of millions of records in a single Excel file.
- Then, so we can get the absolute most out of our Data Model (and into our Power Pivot Tables), we’ll learn DAX, an incredibly powerful formula language for creating complex calculations that you can drop right into your Pivots.Since the basics of DAX syntax are easy to pick up if you’re already familiar with Excel formulas, we’ll venture into advanced topics like Time Intelligence, Iterator Functions, and Variables; and with exercises after almost every video, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to master what you’ve learned, right after you learn it.
- Of course, all that number crunching doesn’t help much if we can’t present those numbers in an intuitive, easily digestible way. That’s why I close the course out with a series of powerful visualization techniques – from conditional formatting to Pivot Charts – that will transform your calculations into insights that can be used to make real-world decisions.We’ll even explore techniques for building dynamic dashboards in Excel, using Slicers and Timelines to not only filter our charts, but actually change the metrics we display in them. And all supported by the Data Model’s capacity for juggling hundreds of millions of rows of data in a single spreadsheet.
And in each section, I use hands-on demos, practical examples, and intuitive, common-sense explanations to teach you these concepts in a way that will help you see the connection between your new skills and the problems you’re trying to solve on the job.
But just as importantly, I’ve packed the course with TONS of exercises – ranging from straightforward to challenging – that will help you retain, and even build on, what you’ve learned.
So if you want to master these game-changing tools and build professional-grade Business Intelligence solutions right on your desktop, all you need is Microsoft Excel – and this course – to do it. I look forward to seeing you there!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring Analysts who want to take their careers to the next level by unleashing Microsoft Excel’s Business Intelligence functionality to build data solutions that stand out and get noticed
- Data Professionals who want to quickly augment their skills by mastering an easy to use, yet industrial-strength Business Intelligence toolset
- Business owners or executives who want to empower their employees to deliver self-service Business Intelligence without buying expensive, specialized software
- Any Excel user who wants to unlock the secrets of their data using the best-in-class analytical tools right in their Excel spreadsheet
This course is created by Travis Cuzick.
Original price: $84.99