You can now take the Udemy paid course, Introduction to Domain Names & Web Hosting(Free Domain Name) for free. The coupon link for this course provided below is valid for a limited time.
Learn how Domain Names Work and Types of Web Hosting for any Web Development Project (Free three Domain names).
What you’ll learn
- How Domain Names Work
- The Role of Domain Registrars
- How to Register a Domain Name
- Types of Domains (TLD, CCTLD)
- How to conduct a WHOIS Search
- The Role of ICANN
- How to Register a domain using GoDaddy
- Domain Name Server Administration
- How to Administer a domain name using Godaddy/Namecheap
- Setting up Domain Name Privacy, Auto-Renewal, Domain Forwarding
- Types of Web Hosting
- Case Analysis – Shared, Virtual Private, Dedicated, Cloud Hosting
- Assessing Scalability and Resource Requirements
ntroduction to Domain Names & Web Hosting(Free Domain Name) – Course Description
Domain Names Section:
We provide an overview of the domain name registration process. This includes the role of registrars and TLD (Top Level Domain) administration by ICANN. ccTLD’s (Country Code Top Level Domains) are also explored.
Students will gain hands-on experience with the registration process using popular domain registrars such as GoDaddy/Namecheap. We will provide a comparison of different registrars and register a sample domain name using GoDaddy/Namecheap. Other topics of discussion will include domain name privacy and administration, auto-renewal, domain forwarding, and name server assignment.
Web Hosting Section:
We conduct an in-depth case analysis of web hosting solutions including Shared, Virtual Private, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting.
We provide an overview of various packages offered by different web hosting companies and weigh the pros and cons of each one.
Students are also introduced to the importance of web server scalability and the advantages of cloud hosting over traditional hosting services. We also examine the infrastructure requirements of popular, resource-intensive applications such as Netflix and Facebook to emphasize the importance of avoiding costly mistakes in the initial stages of development.