The OnePlus Open, the latest innovation from OnePlus, has recently made its grand entrance into the smartphone world. It is a foldable smartphone that brings a refreshing and unique approach to mobile technology. In this article, we will delve into the OnePlus Open’s impressive features, design, performance, and more.
- Release date: October 19, 2023 (global)
- Starting price: $1,699 / €1,799 / £1,599
- Pre-orders: Open now
The OnePlus Open is a testament to OnePlus’s commitment to pushing boundaries and offering groundbreaking technology. It’s a foldable smartphone designed to stand out in an increasingly competitive market.
The OnePlus Open’s Remarkable Design
At first glance, the OnePlus Open captivates with its clean and classy design. It harks back to the aesthetics of portable digital cameras, exuding a sense of nostalgia. Notable design elements include the Ceramic Guard panel, a choice of vegan leather or glass for the back, a slim metal frame, and an exclusive hinge design that promises durability and simplicity. Moreover, the phone boasts an IPX4 rating for splash resistance, ensuring it can handle life’s little accidents.
Two Stunning Dolby Vision OLED Screens
The centerpiece of the OnePlus Open experience is its dual displays. The primary screen is a 7.82-inch LTPO3 Flexi-Fluid AMOLED with impressive specifications, such as a high resolution, 10-bit color depth, a dynamic 120Hz refresh rate, and more. The cover screen is equally impressive, a full-fledged 6.31-inch LTPO3 Super Fluid AMOLED with features like a 10-bit color depth, a dynamic 120Hz refresh rate, and Ceramic Guard protection.
Three Hasselblad-Enhanced Cameras
OnePlus has positioned the Open as a premium cameraphone, and it’s equipped to deliver on that promise. The device hosts three Hasselblad-enhanced cameras on the back – a 48MP OIS primary camera with a new Sony “Pixel Stacked” sensor, a 64MP OIS telephoto with optical zoom, and a 48MP ultra-wide camera. These cameras provide versatility for both panoramic and macro shots.
Stellar Performance with Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
Under the hood, the OnePlus Open is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset. This hardware ensures top-tier performance, and the phone comes in a single configuration with 16GB LPDDR5X RAM and 512GB UFS4 storage, guaranteeing seamless multitasking and ample storage space.
- Toshiba Corporation: Who is the founder of Toshiba?
- Google Releases Android 14 Beta 3, With Platform Stability and New Features
- Who founded Nokia? Here is all you need to know
- Who is the founder of HTC Corporation?
- Fast Charging and Multiple Variants: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S9+ and Tab S9 Ultra Unveiled
- Who is the founder of Realme?
- The Mobvoi TicWatch 5 Pro has been launched
- Rumours of the Galaxy S23 FE: A budget-friendly variant of the Galaxy S23
- The upcoming iOS 17 will add the ability to use your locked iPhone as a smart display
- Who are the founders of Hewlett-Packard Company?
Dual Selfie Cameras
The OnePlus Open includes two selfie cameras, cleverly positioned within punch holes on the displays. The cover display features a 32MP camera, while the foldable screen houses a 20MP shooter. This dual-camera setup ensures you capture great selfies no matter how you use the device.
Audio and Connectivity Features
To enhance the multimedia experience, the OnePlus Open boasts three powerful Dolby Atmos speakers. It also offers a range of connectivity features, including 5G, eSIM, dual SIM support, Wi-Fi 7, and Bluetooth 5.3 with aptX HD. Additionally, NFC is available for convenient contactless payments.
OnePlus Open vs. Oppo Find N3
The OnePlus Open is launched alongside the Oppo Find N3, two similar foldable smartphones. The primary differences lie in the color options and splash resistance. While the OnePlus Open targets the global market, the Oppo Find N3 is expected to be available in select countries. This dual release poses a significant challenge to Samsung’s Fold series on a global scale.
OnePlus Open Specs at a Glance
- Body: Slim and stylish design with Ceramic Guard glass and metal frame.
- Displays: Dual displays with impressive features.
- Chipset: Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for high-end performance.
- Memory: 16GB LPDDR5X RAM and 512GB UFS4 storage.
- OS/Software: Runs on Android 13 with OxygenOS 13.2.
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera setup with Hasselblad enhancements.
- Front Cameras: Dual selfie cameras for great photos.
- Video Capture: High-quality video recording capabilities.
- Battery: Long-lasting battery with fast charging.
- Connectivity: 5G support, eSIM, dual SIM, and more.
- Miscellaneous: Fingerprint reader, Dolby Atmos speakers, and more.
Is the OnePlus Open Worth the Hype?
With its stunning design, impressive display technology, high-performance hardware, and top-tier camera capabilities, the OnePlus Open certainly lives up to the hype. It’s an exciting addition to the foldable smartphone market and offers a fresh take on mobile technology.
In conclusion, the OnePlus Open is a testament to OnePlus’s innovation and dedication to offering cutting-edge technology. It combines elegance, performance, and imaging prowess, making it a compelling choice for tech enthusiasts.
- What makes the OnePlus Open stand out in the foldable smartphone market?
- The OnePlus Open impresses with its design, dual displays, powerful cameras, and top-tier performance.
- How does the OnePlus Open compare to the Oppo Find N3?
- While both phones share similarities, the OnePlus Open targets the global market, whereas the Oppo Find N3 is available in select countries.
- What are the key features of the OnePlus Open’s displays?
- The OnePlus Open features a primary 7.82-inch LTPO3 Flexi-Fluid AMOLED display and a cover screen with a 6.31-inch LTPO3 Super Fluid AMOLED display, both offering impressive specifications.
- Is the OnePlus Open water-resistant?
- The OnePlus Open is IPX4-rated for splash resistance, making it suitable for use in wet conditions.
- What is the standout camera feature of the OnePlus Open?
- The phone boasts three Hasselblad-enhanced cameras on the back, offering versatility for various photography scenarios.